Saturday, July 29, 2017

PSA: Going to Canada?


Just got back from a trip into Canada, and I had a hell of a time figuing out what to do with my revolver. I studied the options, but none of them panned out.The best advice I found was to get a safe deposit box, but when I called a bank they said I had to have an account with them, and no cash or guns could be stored in it.Second option was to send it to a friend, but that would have been a real hassle to do legally, be a big inconvience to my friend, and I would not be able to retrieve the gun until I was back home.The third option was to find a nice secure place and bury it, which I just could not convince my self was a good idea for many reasons.So, I called the border patrol in the town I would be entering Canada. The gentleman was very helpful, and gave me a phone number to some guy in town who helps people in this situation. Got ahold of him, but he was out of town on business (note: this was just a cell number, and NOT a business like I had expected). He referred me to a buddy who provided the same service.I was Leary of calling this second guy, as the referral has gotten further from the source, but I was running out of options, so ended up leaving him a message.At this point I just said neck with it and called a place that will store shipments that cannot be delivered to Canada. Told the guy my situation, and he said no problem- does it all the time, just puts it in his safe and charges $20 a week.The other guy called me back, and was very friendly, but my gun was already safely stores by this point.Just picked it up yesterday, and it was still safely locked in its case with my ammo...This was in Sweetwater Montana, and the place was called Mars, so I would recommend him, or advise you find a similar establishment where you plan on crossing.Hope some of you find this helpful! Anyone else have input on this?Oh, and to help keep this post within the rules, my gun is safely back inside my waistband.... via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2tNnCMb

No comments:

Post a Comment