Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Traveling to WA, questions about law - Old School IL carry


Hello,I used to be a resident of WA, but it's been a while. I don't have reciprocity in WA, but I don't want to leave my gun behind. I'm going to argue a case using the law, and I would love it if you all would tell me if it makes sense, or if I'm missing something.-- My Argument --I can carry an unloaded (firearm empty, mag loaded but not in firearm) pistol in a bag which I am wearing/carrying without a permit. While this would be apparently breach 9.41.050 ((1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.) but appears to be covered by the exception in 9.41.060: The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:... (9) Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper.I know as a former IL resident that this was essentially the same thing IL residents used to do. They called it IL fanny pack carry. The difference being they had to carry in a case that was designed for the task, so they needed a gun funny pack. The gun was secured at slide-lock and the mag was right next to it. Those guys practiced and were pretty quick.Anyway, I haven't gotten my UT permit just yet, so I'm interested in hearing if anyone can see a flaw in my argument. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2h0fIgf

No comments:

Post a Comment