Wednesday, July 26, 2017

On the topic of situational awareness and headphones


Every day I have a 10 minute walk between where I park and where I work. My walk is through a college campus and I cannot carry my firearm throughout the day since I work in a university building. That being said, I leave my gun locked in a lockbox tethered under my passenger seat.Now, it would be great if I could listen to music during these 20 minutes, right? I also listen to music while I'm at work so it would be doubly great if I the headphones I used were wireless and didn't get in the way of the lab equipment I use. The dilemma in the past has been that I use in-ear wireless headphones which severely limit my situational awareness, or I use something like Apple EarPods which are wired and just aren't appealing to me for other reasons as well. It is surprisingly difficult to find decent wireless headphones that are not in-ear or headband style.Enter the Bose SoundSport wireless headphones. They are not in-ear and they are wireless! I was so happy when I found these. Even before I really learned about situational awareness I never liked walking around completely closed off from the sounds of the environment. I'm so glad I found these headphones because they offer the convenience of wireless with the added benefit of still being able to hear what's going on around you. I'm typically not a fan of Bose products (and their deceptive marketing, but that's a whole other post), however I believe these particular headphones are not overpriced like most Bose products and for non-critical listening they offer very adequate sound quality.I am posting this here because I know many of you (like me) are conscious about situational awareness, and these headphones allow you to retain that awareness (as long as you're not blasting the tunes).TL;DR: The Bose SoundSport wireless headphones don't close you off from the world while still offering good sound quality and the benefit of being wireless (it is hard to find all three qualities in one product). via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2h2PlX5

No comments:

Post a Comment