Monday, July 31, 2017

Campus carry goes into effect tomorrow for Texas community colleges.


Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I'm in Texas, I have had a CHL since November. I'm also a student at a two year college, and as some of you may know, campus carry starts tomorrow for us. I'm a summer student so I will be there tomorrow, but my school has 30.06 signs posted on every building. Being in the summer with hardly anyone there, I wonder if these signs will even get taken down. Colleges cannot legally ban concealed carry on entire campuses, but if these signs stay up, that's essentially what will be happening. My discussion question is this: if you were me, and the signs were not taken down tomorrow, how would you handle it? Would you meet with campus PD? I'm apprehensive about letting people (even police) know I carry because it's a college campus and that is a touchy subject. Anyone else here a Texas two year college student and want to chime in? Thanks for reading. Sorry if I did something wrong during posting, I'm on mobile. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2tX5cfQ

No comments:

Post a Comment