Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Would you trust any holster from a popular "sporting goods" store to guard the trigger for car carry?


I might be a little ahead of myself, but I've got a M&P 9mm shield that I want to carry in the car with me on my move from Texas to Colorado this weekend. I bought it recently during the June sale and I don't have a CCW permit yet (in Texas, it's LTC "License to Carry") just because of the timing. Basically, by the time I would have gotten the Texas LTC I would be changing my residency to Colorado making it no longer reciprocated so I didn't bother. Anyway, I've looked up laws for the states I'll be traveling through and for all save Oklahoma I'll be within my rights to carry in the vehicle a loaded handgun. I don't have a holster yet and I'm wondering if any of you here would trust a holster from your popular sporting goods stores such as Dick's, Academy, Gander Mtn, etc to just guard the trigger and wedge between the console and the seat maybe? Right now I have a Plano brand carrying case and a security-cabled lock-box but I'm looking for something more accessible and not so reckless as a loose gun in the glove box. I'll need to find a proper IWB holster eventually but I don't have time to wait for shipping before my move. Opinions? Criticisms? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vJ3zjn

No comments:

Post a Comment