Saturday, March 18, 2017

SCCY CPX-2, Can't complain.


Background: Deputy, lots of hours training, shooting and learning. Not a know it all when it comes to guns, but have been a CCW person for over 20 years.I am introducing my daughter(21) to CCW and the world of pistols. She has a budget but would buy whatever I tell her to get. I researched the SCCY and decided to pick one up and give it a go. It was $249.00 with two 10 round mags and a trigger lock.Overall construction and finish is pretty darn good.Everybody rags on the trigger pull. Yes it is long but not super hard. Worst trigger I ever had was on an AMT backup in .45ACP, that thing hurt. The CPX-2 is nowhere near as bad. If you hate the trigger pull, you SHOULD have pulled it in the store prior to purchase. My only issue is I am used to striker fired and trigger reset, it seemed like a long time(it is) to reset on the CPX-2. This is not meant to be a short 1911 trigger or striker fired pistol. It is longer than on a Sig. The thing is, pull correctly, don't jerk etc. and you will hit the target. User error is not the fault of the gun.It took all the different types of ammo I had sitting around without any FTF. I finished with Critical Defense and found no problems. Recoil was not any worse with the Hornady than most other rounds. 10 yard groups are not at all unreasonable with proper pull.As a first gun, reliable and easy to use self defense gun, it fits the bill. No safety, long pull makes for less of a chance for a ND, even if a new user forgets trigger discipline. Try that with a Glock.My only complaint is the grip is a little deep for smaller hands. Especially in a compact type gun. 1/4 inch less and it would be a better fit. If somebody wanted it to be larger they can always use a slip over.I would have no trouble recommending this as a CCW for new users or even somebody who has experience. My daughter gets her permit on Wednesday and will be carrying this gun. I wouldn't allow her to carry something that I personally would not. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2n11axU

No comments:

Post a Comment