Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I met someone who is vehemently against anyone using firearms on people, even if they're trying to kill you. Guns ok for Outdoors/sport/wildlife only...


So I am stuck in a 3 day training program for my company. I tried making small talk with some people from other divisions (nobody knew eachother).I got talking about concealed carry and this woman said she grew up hunting and handling firearms for protection against bears. She said she's totally against anyone using guns outside of a wilderness/animal application. She also said she does competitive air rifle stuff (is that the right term? I can't remember what she said. Whatever those non-gunpowder air guns are).Sorry this is long. So long story short we were chatting as strangers/new temporary acquaintances and out of nowhere the conversation turned morbid and depressing (regarding how dangerous it can get in America and using CCW for protection.)This woman seemed to be stamping her foot down and hating on me for even thinking of carrying a gun to protect myself.There were about 6 people at the table (lunch chat) and it became silent and people started walking away. Very awkward.And now this woman gives me dirty looks and refused to even say goodbye or give a head nod acknowledgement as we passed eachother in the hallway (once we were all leaving for the day).And I will likely be assigned to her group/table later in training.what the fuck. This girl's entire family owns guns up the wazoo, she grew up with them, using them at a young age in case her father got bear mauled and she had to take over the gun.But just absolutely hating me, this perfect stranger in the company, for innocently small talking about my desire to ccw for personal self protection.what the fuck. I got the impression that she actually thinks using a gun against a human, for any reason (even self defense if someone's trying to murder her) is wrong.But shooting animals is totally ok.what the fuck's going on?god i am dreading tomorrow. not even gonna look at her. just complete ignore. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ogAzvk

No comments:

Post a Comment