Sunday, March 26, 2017

IWB holster question/recommendation.


TL;TR I'm searching for an ambidextrous, low profile, IWB holster that doesn't require a lot of force to draw my G19.First of, I want to thank all of the people who contribute to this subreddit. I have gotten more responses on this sub alone than any other sub on Reddit.I recently posted about how carrying a G19 3 o'clock was uncomfortable to sit. I tried it in the 3:30-4 o'clock position and it is much better. Now I'm having second thoughts about my StealthGear IWB holster (the large one). The one thing I'm not too fond of is the fact that in order to draw the weapon, I have to jerk my weapon out. If I try to draw slowly, it pulls my pants up without drawing the actual weapon. I know it's designed to keep the gun from coming out of the holster without my intent, but it's somewhat annoying. Does this bother anybody else? I'm thinking of sending the holster back and getting the mini (simply for the lower profile), but I'm sure the mini is going to have the same "problem". In reference to the StealthGear, has anybody had the slide of their gun get scratched by the outer part of the holster?As stated on the other post, I am also right handed but left eye dominant. I recently practiced quick drawing on a target with both eyes open (as from what I understand that is the best way to shoot) and found that when my sights were directly on the target I was actually shooting to the right of the target. I think this is because my dominant left eye placed the front sights in between the rear sights, but because I was shooting right handed it was inaccurate and resulting in all my shots going right. I was shocked to see that not a single bullet landed where I intended. Is my conclusion on that accurate? If so my 2 solutions for this dilemma is either to shoot with my left eye closed (at least at first, then once the bullets land where intended open the other eye) or to become left hand dominant with the gun. I prefer the second option as I'd rather favor the dominant eye since I cannot control that, but I can control my hand dominance. And I know nobody in their right mind would ever object to somebody being proficient with both hands.So I'm searching for an ambidextrous, low profile, IWB holster that doesn't require a lot of force to draw the weapon. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nUOudp

No comments:

Post a Comment