Thursday, March 30, 2017

Question about getting in a car wreck while CCWing.


This is something I was thinking of and would like to know what the generally agreed-upon best course of action would be.Let's say I got in a car wreck, and no one was hurt. For argument's sake, I have my gun IWB, go up to check on the other car, and no one is hurt OR hostile. We call the police and are standing outside our cars taking pictures, assessing damage, exchanging info, etc., waiting for the police to arrive.At this point, once it's determined that everyone is safe and that there is no threat, should I leave my gun on me while we wait, or put it in the glove box? I'd prefer not to be wearing my gun when the police arrive, even though I know that's not really a huge deal. But I'd less prefer to have the gun in the car unattended.After typing this out, it seems maybe the obvious thing to do would be to keep it on me. But still I'd like to confirm. In this case, I'd probably inform the police that I have it on me (with CCW card) when they arrive, though I realize that is not required.Thoughts? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2noHh1E

No comments:

Post a Comment