Wednesday, March 29, 2017

CCW office question


Hi guys. I am a junior in college at a public university in Ohio, and just got my CCW. Currently not allowed to carry on campus (even with Kasich's new bill, my school reserves the right to expel someone for carrying as it violates the "student code of conduct" which I think is ridiculous because they receive funding from the government and the role of gov't is to protect my individual liberties not encroach them), BUT I'm not on campus daily right now. I am on a co-op internship in the city. My commute to and from work is pretty sketchy and that's what propelled me to finally take my training cert to the sheriff and get licensed. My gun purchase followed shortly thereafter. I've checked the employee handbook, and it's silent on carrying. There are also no signs posted anywhere in or around the building in which I work. I feel perfectly legally fine with carrying in the office, BUT I work in a moderately liberal field (architecture) and I fear if, by some crazy freak accident, I were to print for even a moment, someone would notice and freak out. Most people there are pretty cool, but there is one nosey SJW on the prowl. Since it's an internship, my relationship with this company must be in good standing moving forward for reference purposes. I could just leave the gun in my car, but I park about a 10 minute walk from the office, and that walk is a big part of when I feel unsafe, especially when I work late. I also would be afraid of someone breaking into my car and stealing my firearm, if I were to leave it in there. If I email HR and ask, I'm afraid they'll say no or they'll judge the crap outta me and it will affect my reviews negatively. Is this a situation where it's better to take the risk, feel safe at work, and ask forgiveness rather than permission should someone spot me? With my luck, I'd be the guy who gets stabbed walking to work while his gun is at home locked up. What would you do?Carrying a Shield 9mm with an aliengear 2.0 IWB holster. Doesn't print one bit, especially with all my business casual layers on, plus I'm a pretty big dude. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nLSVqe

No comments:

Post a Comment