Friday, March 31, 2017

CCW Instructor Advice


I am fairly new to pistols, but I've been shooting shotguns and rifles since I was very young. I recently took my CCW course, and my instructor informed me that I need to switch my shooting style.I am left-eye dominant and right handed. I taught myself to shoot a rifle with my right eye and right hand. My CCW instructor informed me that because I am left-eye dominant, that means I need to shoot my pistol left handed and shoot with my left eye. His thought process on this was that in a high-stress situation, I wouldn't naturally be able to draw and line up the sights quick enough. He actually made me complete the course left-handed, which was a bit of a challenge because I've never even shot left-handed before.My question is this: Is my CCW instructor correct that I should start all over and teach myself to shoot left-handed? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nSonTJ

No comments:

Post a Comment