Tuesday, March 28, 2017

First LE interaction while carrying


Well, it finally happened. Missed a speed limit sign on the way home today and got nailed. Tuscaloosa County Sheriff got me for 68 in a 55, what I thought was a 65 zone. First time I've ever been pulled over at all, actually.When the deputy came up to my window, I told him "Sir, for your safety and mine, I want to inform you that I am licensed to carry a concealed firearm, and I am carrying a pistol on my right hip."He asked me if it was in a holster, to which I responded yes, he then said "Okay, do you mind if I secure your weapon during this traffic stop, for officer safety?"I responded "No problem sir, that's fine with me."He then asked for my license, insurance, and pistol permit. He then had me step out of my truck, and took my Shield9 out of my holster and placed it in his pocket. I got back in the truck, and he went back to his car.When he came back, he handed me my papers, and placed the magazine, loose round from the chamber, and pistol with slide locked back on the passenger seat.He let me off with a written warning and said "I want to thank you for cooperating with me during this traffic stop and keeping me safe today. Have a good afternoon." Then shook my hand and went back to his car.All in all, a pretty pleasant experience. Of note: in Alabama, there is no duty to inform, but I felt it was a good idea anyway. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2o8B0el

No comments:

Post a Comment