Saturday, March 25, 2017

Clearing the holster when pocket carrying.


I just got an LCP2, which I really like. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but I'm pleased with the feel and action so far.But I've never pocket carried before. I generally wear pants with very loose pockets. I hate jeans, and I'm usually wearing lighter material.I can't find a way to retain the holster (just the cheap one that came with the gun). It remains with the weapon when I draw. Is that normal? Will a better holster negate this problem?Should I just train to swipe it off during draw? Or is that bad practice?Are there holster with clips that grab the inside of the pocket somehow?I know about the "sticky" holsters, but I'm not interested in them. I just feel like that is a bad solution...Also, I feel like I'm printing. There is a noticeable bulge in the pocket. I could claim it to be a cell phone, since it is about the same size, but it is still very noticeable. I suppose concealed carry people would probably know...The LCP2 has a "glock style" trigger, with the second lever. I'm assuming that this means it also has reliable internal safety mechanisms. I'm safe carrying in Condition 1, right?Also, the pocket holsters generally seem to be soft material. I've always heard that soft material holsters aren't safe, since something could theoretically push on the trigger. So, is there any chance of an ND when pocket carrying? The LCP has no external safety.Thanks, and sorry if these are dumb questions. I'ts just that I've never experimented with this type of carry before. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nU7o4k

No comments:

Post a Comment