Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Holster/Firearm questions for new carrier


Just stumbled on this sub and I'm hoping to get some help so I can stop trial and error in holsters from Amazon. I have no doubt there's others here who have gone through the same thing, so maybe someone can help me avoid ending up with a drawer full of unused holsters.A little background. I'm a long time gun enthusiast that's finally getting my CCL. Illinois was late to the game so it really just became an option for me. I'm an IT guy by trade so I do a lot of sitting, which has given me a bit extra mass around the mid section. I'm by no means big, 6 foot 185ish pounds, but I'm also not fit. My first gun was a glock 19 and I've since acquired lots of rifles and shotguns, but no other handguns.Knowing I'll be taking the classes soon I've been trying to figure out if my glock is going to work for carry or if I should be looking smaller. So far I've tried a concealment express kydex and an everyday holsters hybrid. The kydex was way too rigid in both appendix and 4 o'clock carry. I couldn't sit down. The hybrid was much more comfortable but anywhere from 3-5 it imprinted really badly. I don't wear tight fitting clothes but they aren't exactly baggy either. There was no imprint with the kydex up front, but if I can't sit down it obviously won't work.So here I am on the verge of buying a single stack 9 like a shield or beretta nano, but I decided to present my dilemma to others who may have a solution that will give me a comfortable carry option for the g19. Then maybe I can muster some cash down the road for a p938 or cm9.Sorry for the formatting. Hard to make a post look pretty on a cell phone. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2mNfXJP

No comments:

Post a Comment