Thursday, February 16, 2017

Wow Alaska price range for CCW training....


Seriously disappointed in Alaska. In a state where constitutional carry is almost as constitutional as it'll ever get, I'm disappointed that the price is so un-fucking-believably expensive. I'm living in the capital and to get a damn permit, it is from $300-$500!!!!!!!! Pretty much the price is $250-$300 and then you'll need to purchase 200-300 fricken rounds of ammunition, almost $100 for the permit (certain trainers).I just can't believe it. Yes, I don't need to have a permit to CC, but it's so much easier to understand the laws when you have an instructor telling you them and giving you scenarios specific to that state, and well, it's always good to have a CC permit.I lived in Utah and it cost me like $80 for a permit. Didn't need to purchase 200+ rounds of ammo. Didn't need to shoot. I read that you need to show proof that you're competent with your firearm, meaning you need to shoot at a range, but to have to purchase 200-300 rounds of ammunition to get the permit is unreasonable especially when the price for the training is already extremely high. I didn't see in the DPS page that specified how many rounds you need to shoot so I'm guessing that it's set by the instructors.I'm going to email the Alaska State Troopers and ask about just using my Utah CCW permit. I assumed that since I'm not a resident of Utah anymore, that I can't use my Utah permit, but the LE at the forest I work at told me that I can use an outside permit (told me to apply for a FL CCW permit) which was strange. So if I'm legally allowed to use my Utah CCW permit I will. Just pretty disgusted with the price here lol via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lUzO9c

No comments:

Post a Comment