Friday, February 24, 2017

My Walther CCP suffered mechanical failure. Looking for advice on what to replace it with, and how to sell my holster so I can afford a new one.


Long story short, the mag release and the slide lockpin assembly (is that the right term?) failed on a trip to the range, and I was able to replicate the issue multiple times. Examining the gun's internals shows no obvious damage... beyond the slide flying off mid-shot. Hooray.Turns out that the CCP is made under license from Walther by a sub-par manufacturer, something that none of my research turned up before purchase. I've already invested in an $84 holster for the thing, and I'm not clear yet on whether Walther will offer a refund or a repair of some sort. If possible, I plan on getting a new gun.I've tried the S&W shield and wasn't fond of the way it fit my hand. The PPS is something I'm eyeing, along with the P99C AS. I can conceal the CCP pretty well, so any single stack of similar dimensions would work. My hands are also relatively small for a guy.I was really pleased with the ergonomics of the Walther CCP, minus the appalling takedown. The softcoil technology was also pleasant, since I have weak wrists. As far as holsters go, I like the minimalist style and flexibility of my BlackPoint a lot, but I'll replace it if there's something better at the same pricepoint.I'll keep researching my options, depending on what Walther offers. Any recommendations? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lE9cMp

No comments:

Post a Comment