Thursday, February 23, 2017

First experience unholstering at a local pawn shop/gun store


I'm new to CCW and am trying to form a new habit of carrying my chambered G43 everyday. After I left the gun range today, I stopped by a local pawn shop/gun store to look at some new night sights to upgrade to. After the young lady showed me the options for the G43 (I bought truglo tfx), I asked her if they would install the sights for me too. She said they would do that and asked if I had the gun with me. I really wasn't sure if I was supposed to just lift my shirt up and give her my weapon without any kind of warning. So I told her that I was new to ccw and asked if I'm supposed to just unholster my loaded weapon. She just smiled and said it was completely fine so long as I don't come in there with someone kind of ski mask on.So I pulled out the pistol, dropped the mag, and unchambered the round. I handed the gun to her and she swapped out the sights while another gentleman sold me a box of hollow points that I needed.I've spent so much time lately worrying about if I'm printing and making sure no one even notices . It was strange to be invited to unholster in a public store. I was using CYA Kydex holster aiwb, btw.Took about 10 minutes for her to swap out sights. She handed me the gun back and I put the magazine back in and Chambered a round. I placed it back in my holster, paid my total, and left the store with more confidence and knowledge about CCW.It was a good day. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2mfjIYP

No comments:

Post a Comment