Thursday, February 23, 2017

Got a crazy good deal on a gun yesterday!


My LGS/Range has had a Kahr PM9 sitting in consignment case ever since I started shooting there. I'm kinda obsessed with 9mm carry guns and after trying a G43 a couple times and not being able to shoot it well, at all, the Kahr looked like something that might work well for me.PM9s are really expensive. Especially in comparison to the other single-stack 9s, including the CM9 which is basically the same gun. This one had night sights and the black slide, which makes it even more expensive. I was seeing them new at Buds for $750.So, I figured $500 was a pretty good deal. That's the middle of the road price on Gunbroker, I trust this shop, I was a happy camper.And then I looked at the feed ramp. It looked like the gun had never even been fired. "Awesome! I'm getting a sweet deal on what's basically a brand new gun," I thought.And then the shopkeeper pulls out a ziplock bag with 5 extra magazines, 2 replacement recoil springs, and what looks like an $80 custom kydex holster. And a factory case in perfect condition with all the paperwork and packaging.I almost feel bad. Apparently the seller originally had it on consignment for $750 and has dropped the price several times over the past 9(!) months.I thought maybe this was an indication that the gun was gonna have problems. 250 rounds with zero failures, and I figure it was still in the break-in period!I'm always nervous about buying used guns and I just wanted to share. Sometimes, it all works out. :D via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lzLBv2

No comments:

Post a Comment