Friday, February 24, 2017

Question about carrying chambered BUT it's not the usual question


Hey everyone! I know that this question is asked frequently but there's a little twist to mine.So I'm a corrections officer and during transportation we carry a glock 23 OWB serpa level 3 holster with no round chambered (policy). None of our weapons have chambered rounds.I recently purchased a glock 23 to conceal carry because I figured it would be good to be as familiar as I could with guns I will be using to protect myself on and off the job.I didn't really think about it until today, but if I ever get in a situation during work where I quickly need to draw and shoot, it should be muscle memory to chamber that round. If I'm concealing and need to draw, chambering a round might take too long or if there already is one, I'm wasting time and ammunition. But at work if I forget that I need to chamber because I train a lot with one already loaded, I would be in for a world of hurt.So what do you all think I should do? Train equally as hard, with and without chambered rounds? Carry without because I'm more likely to be in danger during work? Or am I fretting over nothing lolThank you for your input! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lD6KG5

No comments:

Post a Comment