Sunday, February 26, 2017

CCW & Firearm Purchase w/MMJ Card - IL


I have my FOID and took a class for CCW. I am planning on applying for my CCW permit this week, however last month my doctor sent in the application to the state (Illinois) for my MMJ. I have yet to receive my MMJ card in the mail.My questions are:Does anyone know if there is a MMJ cardholder database that is checked for CCW applications and firearm purchases?If I apply for my CCW, what are the chances it will be denied due to the MMJ application? I don't know where the MMJ card is in the process, however I was told it could take up to 60 days.Same goes for a firearm purchase. Since it is a felony if I lie and get caught, I need to answer the questions honestly about a user of a controlled substance (even though I have not used cannabis in a couple of years, since I was a cardholder in another state.) If I don't actually have the card issued yet, this could be a loophole however since I don't know the status of the MMJ application or the crosschecking of databases, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the risk.Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you.(Crosspost from MMJ) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lZqrZW

No comments:

Post a Comment