Tuesday, February 28, 2017

CCW license meets military facility gate guard.


No, I was not carrying at the time, it's illegal to carry on military facilities.I just got off active duty, so I took my DD-214 to the RMV to get those sweet, sweet veteran plates. While I was there the lady told me I could update my license as well. I figured it was a good idea because I was still on the under twenty-one license and my picture was from when I was fifteen.The only problem is that that rendered my current license invalid and it was replaced by a temporary one while I wait for the new one to come in the mail. The temporary one is not valid ID.My wife had a medical appointment on the base, but my military ID is expired and my driver's license is invalid. Good thing my state CCW license is a valid photo ID.So I hand it to the officer at the gate and his face was priceless. He just stares at it for a few seconds trying to process what he was seeing. I said "sorry, it's the only valid ID i have right now."I fully expected him to search me and my vehicle but after considering, he just asked if I had a firearm on me. I said negative and he told me to have a good army day (this is an air force facility, but i was driving with army veteran plates).I figured I'd share. It wasn't anything crazy like a DGU, but I had a laugh.tl:dr military id expired, dl invalid, only photo id is ltc. Tried to get on military base, guard got suspicious. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2m9BLT3

No comments:

Post a Comment