Thursday, February 23, 2017

Question about obtaining a CC Permit in the state of Georgia (Forsyth Co).


Hey guys.So my question goes, is the CCW background check that is done at probate court similar, just like, or more thorough than the background check when purchasing a firearm?I am going to apply in a few days and just wondered if any of you guys are from GA, specifically the Forsyth Co area and know about this.Anyways I am glad this sub is here. I have subbed and look forward to browsing now on.A bit about me, I grew up with around my dads guns. A 12, 410, 30/30 and 30 ought 6, and a couple 22s. We lived out in NW GA in the country before moving. I Learned to shoot well but I never owned my own gun until close to 2 years ago. I purchased my first handgun then and just picked up my second. I go to the range all the time and practice consistently also with dry fire at home. I live in Atlanta but will be going to apply for the license where in North Metro Atlanta.My first firearm was the Bersa Thunder .380, which I do like a lot. My only complaint is it can be a little rough on your right hand, just where the beavertail hits the webbing between your thumb and index. Anyone have solutions for lessening that? It can be painful after a while. I would rather now own a Walther PPK.My 2nd gun was purchased about 2 months ago and it is the famous Glock 19. I used to rent one at the old range I go to and fired easily 1000 rounds through it and I have to say I love everything about the Glock 19. I was so happy to bring it home and take it to the range that first day.I just ordered some new goodies for it to see if I like the upgrades. Talon grips, Trijicon sights, Glock Factory extended slide stop lever, and a new Kydex IWB Holster from Concealment Express. Depending on if I like the holster I will keep it or return it for maybe a pancake style as this one is slimmer.Anyways thank you guys and nice to meet everyone. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2l3cwxp

No comments:

Post a Comment