Monday, February 27, 2017

I have to be different and sometimes it makes life difficult.


I recently purchased an EAA Witness “Fab 92” 9mm, this one. My understanding is it’s basically the Witness P but with a slide mounted decocker instead of frame-mounted safety, and without a front rail. I absolutely love it and want to start carrying it more, but I’m having a hard time finding a good holster. I have a decent quality universal fit nylon holster that works in a pinch, but it’s far from ideal.I’ve done a ton of research and gone through several manufacturers on the “good holster” list, with limited success. My best lead right now is that Tommy Theis has holsters for the Witness P that he thinks should work since the biggest physical difference is the rail (and since the Fab 92 doesn’t have one, it should fit inside a holster made for one).My ideal holster would be a single-clip in either all kydex (i.e. Clinger Stingray) or hybrid (i.e. Theis EZ-Clip) with a 15-degree cant and backing to keep the beavertail from digging into my side (at 3:00). But I’m open to suggestions. Adding to the challenge, I would prefer to have something that covers the full barrel. The end of the slide has a couple sharp corners that will wear holes in jeans faster than you can sale “Levis on sale.”Anyone else have experience with the Fab 92 and/or finding a holster for one? Any suggestions? Anything I’m missing? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2mwaVls

No comments:

Post a Comment