Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Well I've finally reached a crossroad


I carry almost every single day, especially when I have to go to the office (I work from home most days, 3-4 days a week). The small company that I work for never had a "Employee Handbook" so there was no rule against carrying at work. However, we were recently bought by another company to which my worst nightmare was realized. The new company doesn't allow me to carry my gun and "other dangerous items" which most likely includes my Kershaw pocket knife that I carry in my pocket.Now I live in MA and after some serious research and reaching out to a 2A lawyer, I discovered that like postings outside businesses, these policies don't bare the weight of the law. Now in the off chance I'm spotted, no legal action can be brought against me but I can lose my job.For those of you that have been in a similar situation what did you do? I've reached the point where I seriously feel naked and hopeless without my gun. Should I continue as normal and carry without any real worry? Or should I suck it up for the 1-2 days that I'm in the office and go in without it? It's worth noting that our new parent company will rarely be in our office, so our normal day to day operations will continue to be the normal team I've been working with for years. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lUj1UZ

No comments:

Post a Comment