Saturday, February 18, 2017

The importance of a good gun belt.


I've had a comment in the past with these pictures but I can't find it anymore, and some people have asked me about it, so I'll just make a new post for easier referencing."Why a good gun belt makes a huge difference."For reference, I have a Beltman bullhide without the internal stiffener (yeah, I know.. I should have spent the little extra..). This is about the 'weakest' belt that the Beltman offers and yet, it still performs amazingly well.The typical mantra is "A good gun belt must be able to support its own weight when it is buckled."So let's see just how much it can actually support.Belt + Pants. No problem here.Let's add the holster. Still no problem.Let's add the Shield - unloaded. Doing great!Let's load the Shield with an 8rd mag. Starting to dip a tiny bit.Let's add everything else - spare 8rd mag, keys and wallet This is about as far as I can push it, but it's still holding on!Now let's attempt the same tests with the average Target/Walmart belt.Belt + Pants. Help, I have fallen and can't get up. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kAaVUr

No comments:

Post a Comment