Friday, February 3, 2017

Advice on new 9mm carry gun (M&P9/XD Mod.2/PPQ M2) flair:"Guns and Ammo"


I am still relatively new to the concealed carry world, only having gotten my license about 9 months ago. My first handgun, a Smith & Wesson 686+ 4" barrel, has shown its faults as an easily concealed carry gun when using a OWB Bianchi Model 7. Concealed carry isn't the reason I purchased that gun, but it has temporarily filled that position for me (somewhat poorly). Heavy printing when bending over and it being a massive ~2.5lb gun when loaded up have shown to be the biggest issues.After a long conversation with a few helpful handgun salesmen who also happened to be experienced handgun course teachers, I have narrowed my selection down to a few models, all of which are 9mm. The M&P9, Walther PPQ M2, and Springfield Armory XD Mod.2 series.In both the PPQ M2 and the XD Mod.2, I would likely go with the 4" 'service' barrel. However the PPQ M2 is also offered with a 3" barrel which I would consider. Both of these models hand comfortable hand-feel with the stock grips. I have not done quite as much homework on these as I have the M&P9.The M&P9, along with 9c and 9 Shield models, are the ones I given most thought to so far. After handling all three models, the full-size 9 felt most comfortable in my hand with the 9c leaving my pinkey floating beneath the magazine and the 9 Shield's grip felt too narrow for hands. Is the width of the full size 9 that noticeable when carrying to justify getting the 9 Shield? Also, with the new 2.0 model being released, are the changes between the models significant?I am definitely most interested in the M&P9/9c/Shield models at this point as my 686+ and M&P15 have given me nothing but a good time at the range and in the field. Also worth noting, I have not had any range experience with any of these handguns. Closest I have gotten is trigger feel by dry-firing each model. If you have any other advice for me regarding holsters or completely different models to consider, it is most certainly appreciated.Sorry if this was formatted/written sloppily, and thanks in advance for your relpies! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2jLFl0m

No comments:

Post a Comment