Friday, September 9, 2016

Trying out AIWB Stealthgear..


During the recent sale I purchased a AIWB SG holster for my Glock 23. My normal holster for all of my carry firearms is a Vedder Light Tuck.So far a few observations:Even at the lowest setting, the ride-height is pretty high for me. The grip of my G23 is printing more than I am used to with other holsters in the same position.I do like the material and it has been very comfortable so far.I am not a fan of the plastic belt clips. They seem to be functional so far but are just flimsy. Not what I would expect for a premium holster. Also, it seems everything is in 1.75" .. And my belt is 1.5". The clips seem to 'grab' when needed but I don't like having that little gap..it makes me want to keep an eye on how they are holding on the belt.Why nothing in 1.5"?I did not see any instructions on how tight (or not tight) to tighten the retention or clip screws. What seems good to me has REALLY compressed the spacers and I have no idea if that is bad or OK.Overall, I am not sure I will keep the holster. My other holsters have been very use and go.. With nice belt clips. The ONLY advantage I can find for the SG is that when I sweat it will protect the gun. If that is the only real advantage I may just exchange it for a holster for my Shield as I don't sweat the sweat with my Glocks.I did purchase this holster for my hardest to 'conceal' firearm hoping that it would stick to me tight, have great clips and stay dry. So far it is only doing one of those. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cM7pTT

No comments:

Post a Comment