Friday, September 9, 2016

Holsters suitable as a vet tech in scrubs


Hey everyone, I'm a veterinary technician. This particular question has to do with my job and the appropriate holster. I've hesitated carrying at work for a while. Reason being: An animal kicks, gets their feet caught in my pockets, scrapes the hell out of me with claws, and I'm often wrestling them on the ground. I've been able to research carrying in scrubs, but usually these are human medical professionals that do not have either 5 pound cats or 140 pound Great Danes kicking them in the groin often. The biggest suggestion among hospital/medical professionals in the human field is a SmartCarry or belly band. However, with the soft material, I am concerned about a dog's claws catching the trigger and an accidental discharge injuring myself, the animal, or a coworker. Reasonable concern if you ask me... Any suggestions from carrying veterinary personnel or someone with an idea? My boyfriend suggests getting a hard shelled holster sewn into a belly band to prevent any trigger catching. I just don't know who I'd even talk to about that type of thing...Thanks! :) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2c4Xs0E

No comments:

Post a Comment