Monday, October 7, 2019

My dumbass self....


Thought you guys could laugh at this stupidity of what I just did. Never again and totally cleaning out my purse when I get home.So, this happened about an hour ago. My dumbass self. A little under a month ago, I got into a car accident that was my fault and I got a traffic ticket. No big deal, I'll pay for it. So, I'm thinking I can just pay it online, but there is no website or way to do that. But, the court house where I could pay for it is down the road from my office. Now, I can't mail this in because it's getting too close to the due date, kept forgetting. So, I take my happy ass to the courthouse to pay my fine and I put the envelope in my purse. I have no emptied my purse in probably over a year....So, I walk in the door to this place I've never been and you have to go through a metal detector. Again, no big deal. I do as the guy asked walked though, and my watch set it off. So walk back through and all good to go....except my purse. The guy asked to go through my purse and I of course said go ahead. He pulls out a pocket knife (I use it to open boxes at work), a metal nail file (I'm a girl), and a tiny perfume vial. I still have two more zipper pockets to go and by this time I figured out what in my mind (not remembering the other stuff he already pulled out) actually set off the detector. I have a FOID card and a Conceal Carry that I got when I was dating my ex. I don't conceal carry, but there were a few random times I did and I put an extra full magazine in the back zipper pocket of my purse. Well....I never took it out and it's been in there for at least a year. But wait, it gets better. I don't have my FOID card with me or my CC card, though, I have an expired Conceal Carry ID that I kept in my purse as an extra form of ID.The security guy had to call someone else. Told me I couldn't bring it back out to my car because it was already in the courthouse. The guy who came out was super nice to me, said he believed me that I had a FOID card, took my ID and held on to the items while I paid my fine. Gave them back when I left.tldr: I brought a pocket knife, metal nail file, tiny perfume bottle, and a full magazine into a courthouse without my FOID or CC cards. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Vk1SG2

No comments:

Post a Comment