Monday, October 28, 2019

Help me find a better AIWB please? Xds 3.3" .45


Edit: formatting came out wrong on post, I'll clean it up later tonight.Short version: I currently carry my EDC as springfield xds 3.3" .45 with Crimson Trace LG-469G in a crossbreed aiwb holster. I want to see if I can get better concealment (of course mostly grip focused) from any other vendors.I want to try the Vedder Light tuck with claw but they -do not offer- the claw if the xds has a laser attached (sigh).Can anyone help recommend any potentially better concealment holsters as it pertains to pulling the grip in tight to my body?Long version: Stats: Body: White male Moderately athletic build (no beer belly) 6'1" 192 lbs Moderately slim, muscular frameTypical clothing: Baggy blue jeans (NOT sagging, but loose-fit) Size 36-40 quality gun belts Loose fitting t-shirts during warmth T-shirt topped by a heavy carhartt coat during cold Steel-toed work boots 7am-430pm. Comfortable slip on dress shoes leisure time Steel toed ass kicker boots during bar nightsWork environment: Inside warehouse work (I am the site "boss") Employer is strictly against weapon-carry at work I legally carry with CCW permit every day aiwb (Concealed is concealed). Open- & concealed-carry friendly state. Only roughly 3 months of year are cold here. (Logically) roughly 9 hot months (sweat an issue) Physical work with forklift/lifting heavy products Bounce between WH and office work in a chair. 5+ years at employer, no fear of being "made" dailySo I daily carry a springfield xds 3.3" .45 with a crimson trace lg-469g laser in a crossbreed aiwb holster. I honestly really like this carry and it is both comfortable and concealable enough.However, I want to try to upgrade my concealability if at all possible (who doesn't want to upgrade eventually?). Occasionally i find scenarios, being very physically active, that a trained eye would spot my grip printing on my shirt. Facts of life as we all know, but the grind to minimize print is real, mirite boys?So I want two do two things: 1) I want to buy a hellcat osp, and throw it on my ankle in an ankle holster with calf support. I have room in my pants, and this is by far the easiest conceal method for me since my belly presses against nasty things /sometimes humans on the daily and belly bands are not a consideration.I will -not- carry the hellcat in aiwb, I actively refuse as it does not have an external safety or grip safety. I respect all of your opinions -greatly-, but please spare me the "you dont need a safety to be safe lrn 2 handle yer forearmz" parade. Its my junk and im still actively making babies with it, lets stay on topic.2) Now, apart from buying the hellcat and slapping it on my ankle, I want to decrease the visibility of my aiwb xds. I have seen positive review after positive review of the vedder lighttuck series, and so I went to check it out. Looks great! Love the claw idea! Problem is, vedder does not offer the claw option on holsters with lights/lasers attached for obvious space reasons, I assume.Im not going to remove my laser from my main carry and place it on my BUG merely because a holster I'm curious about doesnt support the laser, so here I am, asking for advice.Some might ask why I need a .45 main and a 9mm bug to walk around work. Well, I work in an inner city warehouse district that the cops are afraid of (honestly), and all 8-10 blocks surrounding me are literally (im not kidding) infested with drug users and homeless people/crack/methheads. There are THREE homeless shelters on either sides of my work building, and i can watch the methheads having relations with each other in the alley directly across from my work bay doors. I often work overnight or in the 3 am hours where loneliness isnt a mans best friend in even the best of situations. 80% of the time I'm at work, I'm completely alone in the building, but sometimes have a coworker with me on certain days. I could go on, but I feel my needs are expressed.Can anyone suggest upgrade alternatives to the crossbreed aiwb for my situation? Money isn't a real concern or consideration, I just want a potentially improved setup if its out there.Any ankle carry suggestions for the upcoming hellcat purchase are also welcomed.Thank you so much in advance everyone! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2WnLIff

No comments:

Post a Comment