Thursday, October 31, 2019

Defensive Carry Options


When it comes to my defensive carry, it can look like a lot of different things. This is due to the subjective nature of the topic. For me, my primary daily carry is defensive in nature. While this may be my “defensive carry” and typically consists of defensive tools, it does include a medical component, which is vitally important.I wanted to share with you what my defensive carry looks like so it can be some food for thought.Spyderco Manix2 Lightweight, Hinderer Investigator Pen, Sabre Red, Streamlight Protac 2LX, Red Meat Steel Rooster, TQ, Glock 43.I like to look at my defensive carry in terms of five categories:FirearmFlashlightKnifeMedicalNon-lethalIt’s always a balance between having the right amount of gear to handle a given situation and being loaded down with so much crap I eventually find myself not carrying anything at all. Keep in mind, there will be times when I only carry a few items from this list. This may be due to things within my control like clothing, or it may be due to things outside of my control like restrictions due to air travel, etc. Yes, I know I can travel with a firearm and have done so more times than I can count. I’m simply referring to the items I actually have on my body at any given time.With all of this in mind, let’s run through the items I’m currently carrying on a regular basis. This is not a sexy list and likely won’t win any awards for the best gear dump. However, it is built around function (for me) and its ability to fit into a defensive role. Again, don’t hold me to this list as it is not hard and fast. It changes frequently due to a variety of reasons. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2JDitQE

No comments:

Post a Comment