Thursday, October 31, 2019

Husband and I were assaulted on the street

Walking on a well lit sidewalk at night (around 630pm) and walked through a group of guys on bikes- they were on the side of the sidewalk and we did not engage them. They were likely mid 20s and one was on a bike. We walked past and as we get past the guy on the bike comes up behind my husband and slaps him in the back of the head. He then tried to instigate a fight and me being 27 weeks pregnant tried to de escalate. The guy slapped my husband in the face twice- pretty hard. Glad my husband kept his cool and we walked away but are pretty shaken up. I know we did the right thing by not escalating it as we were both outnumbered and I’m not in any position to defend myself. My husband is 5’5 and athletic and I’m shorter. I think part of the reason they felt emboldened was partly due to this too. The guys buddies stood back but were there.

I just don’t know what we could have done to avoid this, 9: prevent it in the future, and am feeling pretty helpless. Looked into mace and tasers but wanted to hear from you guys. We are in Boston and the area we live in has had an uptick in street assaults, robberies, etc.



Submitted October 31, 2019 at 04:05PM by thistowndontfeelmine https://ift.tt/31ZE9wx

No comments:

Post a Comment