Wednesday, October 30, 2019

CCW after a stay of adjudication (MN)


Backstory: I was arrested for alleged domestic assault and had to surrender my firearms and CCW permit. My in-laws were supposed to transfer the firearms to the sherrif, but when they found out there were fees involved, decided to keep them instead.There was no trial so there was no conviction, however I plead guilty to "causing fear" with the condition if I completed a year of probation, it wouldn't go on my record.Fast forward a year (and successful probation) and I wanted my firearms back from the in-laws. They refused. I provided documentation that I was entitled to getting them back. Still refused. I got my permit to purchase to prove I could own/buy firearms. They refused. I had to essentially start the process of filing a civil case against them before they caved and returned them.On to my question: Do I need my record expunged in order to get my CCW back? My lawyer seemed to think that I was OK to own, but CCW is an extra privilege that is blocked because I was added to a database somewhere (not super confident with her answer).A CCW co-worker told me though that the permit to purchase and the CCW databases are the same, so if I'm good for one, I'm good for both. I thought about taking the class and applying again, but asking you guys is free, so here I am.TL;DR Got arrested for DA. No conviction on my record. Currently have my permit to purchase, can I get my CCW back? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/333vtql

No comments:

Post a Comment