Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Need Ideas on How to Stay Safe/Use SelfDefense While I Walk To Work Or Use a Rideshare like Lyft or Uber

I'm a small female who can only lift and carry about 20 pounds. I know I'm weak and am slowly working on it. The thing is that I also have major anxiety and have to either take a Uber/Lyft to work or walk 15 minutes(in the dark) to a bus and then walk another 5 minutes.

I don't mind the walk except that it IS so dark. There's no streetlamps out here. It's a residential neighborhood but we have a lot of drug use and gangs out here. With my anxiety, I keep thinking someone is going to come up behind me.

The Uber/Lyft scares me since I keep hearing so many horror stories about the driver hurting the passenger. My husband puts his name on our account so they don't know that they're picking up a female until later.

What can I do? Is there any simple Self defense I can being so weak? Which option is better? Walking with the bus or Ridesharing?



Submitted October 29, 2019 at 03:31PM by dinosaursgorawr648 https://ift.tt/32WjZ7X

No comments:

Post a Comment