Thursday, October 24, 2019

Springfield Hellcat- Seriously impressed. Range review, video, and comparison pictures.


Range Video & PicuresI was lucky enough to snag a Hellcat on Gunbroker the other day, when a FFL in Minnesota decided to post one for normal price ($519) instead of the $650-$699 that everyone else wants for them since they're still impossible to find. I picked it up last night at my FFL and put some rounds through it, decided I'd share my experience with you guys. Function: First off, it is 100% reliable. I didn't fire a lot (200 rounds) but it had absolutely zero issues whatsoever, AND I ran the bitch dry out the of box without lubing it first. Very surprising to me after the whole P365 fiasco I went through (Had 5, only 1 worked for more than 50 rounds). Trigger: The flat trigger is crisp, light and there is very little takeup. Reset has a very positive click to it and isn't too long. It's definitely the best micro-9mm trigger I've ever felt. It destroys the 365, Glock 43/43x, XDS, etc. It's miles ahead. Recoil: VERY light, especially compared to my P365 which I hated shooting. Honestly feels like less than a 43x also.Design: The texture is enough to keep it in your hand, but not excessive that tears you up (I'm looking at you, M&P 2.0 Compact). The serrations are beautiful and great to get a grip on, but not super sharp. The Hellcat marking on the slide is minimal and nice looking. Mag release is just enough to not have to shift your grip, and slide release is easily big enough to drip the slide with one hand. Sights: Sights are a very bright front yellow night sight, and rear unotch with a white outline. Incredibly fast target acquisition and easy to put multiple rounds in the same hole at a decent distance. Sight Picture, Overall, I am seriously impressed and I've already ordered two holsters for it. I didn't expect much. I know generally when I buy a gun immediately I'm a beta tester and there will be issues, but looks like Springfield is dead on and took their time on this. It also has a +2 extention but I forgot to take pictures of that, here's a general size comparison of the mags. I've already ordered a T1C and Vedder holster for this thing, super stoked to carry it. I compared it to the LCP2 (my current EDC), Glock 19 (My HD gun), and Glock 43x (Brothers EDC). This thing is SMALL. Keep in mind this gun has 11 rounds, the 43x & P365 only have 10. The grip on this is smaller and thinner than a 365 or 43x. I also directly compared the 43x with a 19 Gen 5 just for the hell of it. The shooting video kinda sucks, had to prop it up on the box. I only loaded 10 rounds (it holds 11, I forgot) but it kinda shows the very minimal recoil on these things.If you have any questions or want pictures of other parts of the gun (like internals, if you're a weirdo) just let me know. I'll be shooting some more this weekend.Also if you're in the Livonia or Ann Arbor Michigan area and are thinking about getting one, but want to try it first, hit me up and we'll work out a range trip. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Jlq5XN

No comments:

Post a Comment