Tuesday, November 21, 2017

To any NJ CCW Holders


I am looking to apply for my CCW here in New Jersey. I’m a Marine Corps veteran and I had my CCW when I was in the Corps (South Carolina). I guess I have a couple of questions:The requirements all state that I must provide a “justifiable need to carry a gun.” This seems pretty stupid to me since it’ll a justifiable need would simply be self defense. Although the requirements also state that they limit permits “to persons specifically employed in security work... and to others who can establish an urgent necessity for carry guns for self-protection.”My life is not in danger, and I live in the Mountains of West Jersey. I ride horses quite often, and so does my wife. I have come across bears a few times, but luckily they stay pretty far away (or have so far). I don’t believe this would be considered an urgent necessity. I work in the IT industry, so I can’t state that I need it for my job.If you have a NJ CCW, how was this process? What did you put as your justifiable reason? Would simply putting self defense down as a justifiable reason suffice? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hHAoqW

No comments:

Post a Comment