Monday, November 27, 2017

Stopped by police a few hours ago.


It was actually a bad experience. It's 3AM and I still can't get to bed so I'm writing this.I ride my bike almost every night. Tonight I took my normal route. I have all the required lights and I wasn't doing anything wrong. I have specific, well lit areas I often use when I need to take a breather and drink some water. Well I got winded so I pulled into one such place I've been many times before, a small public parking lot attached to the main road.Not 30 seconds after I parked my bike, a local cop pulls up and starts hounding me with questions. Okay, I get it. It's 11:00 at night and it might seem weird, but I had not committed a single crime, and I was in a public lot minding my own business. He had no probable cause to stop me in the first place.I told him I had a CHL and he asked for it. Then he asked weird questions. "What's in that drink?" Etc. I got pretty offended that he was treating me this way so I just told him I'm not answering any more questions. Look, I tried being friendly and cool, but if you are going to stop me for no reason and treat me like a known criminal, I'm not going to be nice to you anymore.He made me wait for at least 30 minutes and even had another cop join him to discuss things out of earshot before they let me go. This is the first time I have been detained since I started carrying a year ago, and I didn't think it would go so badly.Oh well. If he has a stick up his butt it's not my concern, but they shouldn't be allowed to stop people for no reason like that. I'm on mobile so sorry if the formatting gets weird. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zIE0V2

No comments:

Post a Comment