Thursday, November 30, 2017

There are now (un)officially 16 million concealed carry permits in the U.S. - and compare how it's been since 1986


Hello /r/CCWYou may remember when I posted this spreadsheet showing there were 15 million concealed carry permits. Well now there are 16.1 million!I am always updating it, and one BIG change I've added if the number of permits, by state and territory, since 1986. Obviously not all the records are there, but it is pretty neat to look at.My biggest project for this at the moment is getting number from Alabama, Rhode Island, Nevada, and Missouri (I have to FOIA every since county).There are one main discrepancies from the Crime Research's paper that shows 16.3 million permits - Colorado. * CR uses the number of NCIS checks * I use number issued over 5 years minus revokedIf anyone can guide me in the right direction or wants to help out filling out that historical data, please let me know! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zRyS15

No comments:

Post a Comment