Friday, November 24, 2017

Conversation I just had with my grandparents...


Enjoying the holidays with my grandparents (great people; country farmers). Somehow my granddad and I get on the subject of guns; he owns a few rifles and shotguns, and I showed him my carry gun and he liked it.Then he exclaims, “but I’ll tell you one thing they need to outlaw is these assault rifles they’re shooting all these people with. No reason for anyone to own one cause you can’t use them to hunt.” So we had a long discussion about the benefits of being an armed populace and the constitution ect., but I couldn’t change his mind. Because all you need to stop a break-in is a revolver.So my grandmother told me she just took a handgun class, which I didn’t know so I was proud of her. But her instructor taught her to “aim for the knee”!I told her all the reasons that was a bad idea, but she doesn’t want to kill anyone, just stop them, and she is convinced that she could hit a knee from across the room with her revolver, because she was so good on the paper target.All this right after having a conversation with my dad where he tried to convince me that it’s better for people to keep their carry gun in the glovebox, unloaded, whenever they drive, and their ammo in the trunk. You know, to cut down on road rage shootings.Sigh.Guess I’m thankful they’re not entirely antigun. (Though my mom did get very uncomfortable when I showed my grandad my revolver and asked me to put the safety on.) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2A40Rtb

No comments:

Post a Comment