Thursday, November 30, 2017

Arkansas honors non-resident permits?


A friend and I were looking at New Hampshire's permit application and it's crazy easy to get a non-resident permit from there. From what I can tell, no training certificate or fingerprints are needed.Everywhere I look, it seems to be explicit that Arkansas honors non-resident permits.The statute says "A person in possession of a valid license to carry a concealed handgun issued to the person by another state is entitled to the privileges and subject to the restrictions prescribed by this subchapter."So my friend asks his lawyer if that is sufficient enough to just get the NH permit as a resident of AR. His lawyer said, it doesn't say it's illegal but it looks ambiguous and I'd just get an AR permit.It's weirding me out. I don't see any ambiguity at all. My friend now won't apply for the NH permit because of what his lawyer said.I have a non-resident FL permit that I use in AR so I guess I am just wanting to touch base and see if I'm an idiot and can't read or what. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2it6Z86

No comments:

Post a Comment