Thursday, November 30, 2017

Trying to improve accuracy with Ruger LCR--can't seem to avoid using too much trigger finger.


I have the LCR in .327 Federal Magnum and am frustrated with my shots being less consistently good than they are with other pistols. I understand that part of it is obviously the short barrel, but I can tell that it's also because I can't seem to grip it in a way that doesn't make me use too much trigger finger. I'm shooting left all the time and I can just tell that I'm using the first knuckle rather than the fingertip.For one, the gun is small even with the Hogue grip, so it just doesn't fit my hand as well as a full-size pistol. To get my finger placement correct I end up holding the grip low. For two, the trigger is so heavy (though it is smooth) that it's not easy to press with just my fingertip.I shoot well enough with the gun, but knowing what the problem is yet not knowing how to fix it is getting to me. Anyone else have this issue with a similar gun? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2niTxVL

No comments:

Post a Comment