Thursday, November 30, 2017

I am cross eyed dominant and can’t focus on my sights, makes shooting unpleasant


It’s been happening often that when I visit the range to practice, my left eye keeps focusing on the sights subconsciously while I consciously try to aim down them with my right (I shoot right handed). I’m a weird mix of lefty and righty; I write with my left hand, shoot with my right, use tools and knives with my left, etc. I’m not consistently using one hand.I keep trying to practice shooting with both eyes open to practice that good peripheral vision and have a good field of view, I don’t want tunnel vision when I’m in a life or death situation with others lives at stake. When I have eyes open, it gets blurry, I’m kinda seeing double and I can’t focus on which eye to put the pistol in front of. I tried moving the pistol almost center and lean my head to focus with my eye but it’s hard. I put the gun in front of my right eye but again, my brain is trying to focus with my left and it’s blurry.So today I was shooting with my right eye open and left closed, much better and improved shooting with good groups, but clearly I don’t want to get in that closed eye habit. What do I do? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ivEIxo

No comments:

Post a Comment