Tuesday, November 28, 2017

I'm new to this iwb and hybrid holster thing and I need some help!


Background: Ok so I've been carrying my 1911 owb for a year now and I recently got a CZ PCR (which is roughly g19 sized as I understand) and I wanna carry it iwb if possible. I'm 5'6", 200 lb, have a gut, and I have pretty aggressively forward rotated hips which makes my gut stick out even more. I put my belt the only place it'll go, with the top of the belt at the bottom of my gut and the bottom of the belt at where my legs bend. Appendix carry is impossible, even for a magazine. 4:00 and farther back throws my hip and/or back out (previous injury). So I need to carry at 3:00-3:30. I have a beltman horsehide belt with internal stiffener.The issue: I got a Black Arch Protos M holster (see link below) for my PCR and while it seems great, the holster clips are so long that they go below the bottom of my belt and past where my legs bend and stab me in the leg when I bend my leg to walk or sit. Apparently I wear my belt a lot lower than most, but it's literally the only place for it to go. Adjusting the ride height doesn't help because the clip is still the same length. I got their assorted clips set, but none are significantly short enough to make a difference.Is there a solution for this holster? I thought about seeing if there's another brand that makes shorter clips, but then I still have the rest of the holster wing down there at my leg bend point to deal with too. I can still return it for a reasonable restocking fee.Do I need a different style of holster? I was concerned that a single clip holster wouldn't spread the weight around enough (I can't wear my belt snug due to the back injury).Any suggestions welcome, especially by short people or people who wear their pants low. If I can't get iwb to work I guess I'll just owb the rest of my life or something. via /r/CCW https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/7g8xov/im_new_to_this_iwb_and_hybrid_holster_thing_and_i/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment