Monday, November 20, 2017

Anyone carrying an 80's S&W auto?


My future brother in law inherited a S&W 659. He has never shot it and we went out the range to shoot it/teach some basic safe gun handling, (get him started on the road to carry) and I have a question regarding the decocker/safety.This gun has a un-fixed, but I believe unrelated recall, in regards to the decocker not working from the half cocked position.When decocked the hammer rests on the firing pin. This gun is a 2nd gen and they added a positive pin block on the 3rd gen. Meaning the hammer resting on the pin is by design. Can anyone with any experience with this gun tell me if that is correct?I don't have experience with the older S&W semi autos, but I own several modern decockers, but the hammer is held off the pin at almost a half cocked position or they half a positive pin block.Any help is welcome, thanks!I advised against carrying it for two reasons. 1. The real 2. Too much sentimental value as the the only gun of his dads the he got. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2AYZitT

No comments:

Post a Comment