Thursday, November 23, 2017

Bad Shield mag springs. Would you trust the new ones?


The wife's shield has maybe 300 rounds through it. The 8 rounder mag spring got all bent out of shape within a couple mags worth of ammo and S&W replaced it. My next range trip I ran some rounds through that mag with the new spring and it was fine and she started carrying it. The trip after that (today) her 7 round mag spring was messed up in the same way. If she had needed her gun in the last 2 months it would have fired 2-3 times before the mag wouldn't feed anymore since that was the mag in the gun! (I've been loading the mags for her since it was stiff, she can do it if she needs to, so I'm certain she didn't mess the mags up when the gun wasn't in my presence)I wrote one spring off as a fluke, but both original mag springs failing means an issue. I'm not even certain S&W changed the spring design, I could be getting just as bad springs as replacements (I'll grill em when I call). If this was your gun, would you trust it anymore? If yes, how many rounds would you put through each mag before you'd trust it? It's got me quite upset, and although it seemed to fit her hand best, I'm not sure if I should keep it around anymore. The slide catching at lockup never has caused an issue but it's not reassuring either. The gun was bought at the end of the $75 rebate, end of June I think.Tldr: Should I sell the gun, vet the new mag springs with X rounds, or buy aftermarket mags? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hZYoJV

No comments:

Post a Comment