Saturday, November 18, 2017

Alien Gear Holster - Cloak Tuck IWB Holster - Poor Kydex Mold Issue for Taurus PT709 Slim


Just got my new A.G. holster today for my Taurus PT709 Slim and was really disappointed. You could not fully holster the gun unless the safety was OFF due to the way the Kydex shell was molded. Called Alien Gear spoke to a manager, he basically told me that was the way most people wanted it and they could not please everyone. He also wanted me to pay to send it back or try and write return to sender on the ripped open package. I have been concealed carrying for over five years now and have a box full of IWB Kydex holsters I have used - NONE of them have this issue with the safety. All allow me to carry with the safety ON or OFF without any issues. In my mind this is a very poor design at the very least and possibly even a defect. They need to put a disclaimer saying to use this holster requires the gun to be in the safety OFF position. You would think the guy would have been thankful that I brought this to his attention, I can't be the only one that has noticed this issue - hopefully they will fix it. The manager encouraged me to fix it myself if I could (unbelievable), so rather than suffer the hassle of boxing it up again and going to the Post Office and then paying to return the holster I ended up taking a Dremel to the Holster and notched out the area where the safety sits so it can be in the ON or OFF position. Would have been nicer if the factory changed the mold so the safety is partially covered and would allow safety ON or OFF - so easy to fix on the mold. I like the holster, but my customer service experience was so bad I bought my second holster for my Glock from concealedconcept on Ebay - IWB-HOLSTER-ADJUSTABLE-RETENTION-INSIDE-WAISTB0AND-TUCK-ABLE-OVER-150-MODELS - holster made and company owned by Veterans - $36.99 Shipped. Holsters shipped within one day of payment. I will try and post an update once my holster arrives and compare it to the Alien Gear. 4,098 Sales 100% Positive Feedback The A.G. folks really need to do something about their customer service if my experience is the norm. Maybe I just got someone who doesn't understand good customer service. There are lots of other choices out there. I can only comment on my experience with Alien Gear, and customer service is as important to me as the product itself. I hope this helps someone else and I hope this may help A.G. to provide a better customer experience for others. NOTE: My previous IWB for the past couple of years was a 'Clinger' Kydex IWB holster. They are an example of a great company, great product, and great customer service. Alien Gear could learn a thing or two from them. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zSS2Ce

No comments:

Post a Comment