
I have been spending more time at the range and carrying for the past 6 months, and I realized that this is a good time to upgrade my equipment. I'm on the fence about whether to upgrade my existing guns (and sell 1 or 2 to fund that), or sell several & buy new ones that are better suited. I'm thinking that I'll learn how to buy & sell on GunBroker or similar so I can consider used to fill any slots.Gun#1 - "always there" pocket gun I bought a Ruger LCP 2 recently. It's an upgrade from my Kel-Tek P32, and I really like it. It could use a better front sight and a couple of extended mags (for range use, so I become more proficient with it). This role is pretty well filled right now, though.Gun #2 - small IWB that is still fun to shoot I have a K40 that fills this role now, but it really needs fiber-optic sights, and I'd like a shorter trigger pull & reset. I'd also prefer 9mm. I held a G43 Saturday & it seems pretty well suited to this. I love the look of the Kahr, and since it's steel it should hold up to a lot of shooting (but a Glock would too). What do you guys think? Sell the Kahr, or get sights & a trigger job? (And maybe different springs or something?)Gun #3 - Range toy I want something full-sized that will be comfortable to shoot a lot. I have a Ruger P89 that I'd consider upgrading with sights, spare mags and a trigger job (if that's do-able on such a gun). I also have an XD45 with a 4" barrel that I'd consider doing the same thing on. Or I could sell them both & buy a full-sized Glock or similar (by "similar" I mean something with no manual safety - I want the same manual of arms for all pistols). I'd also consider a revolver. What are your thoughts on a good range gun in the $400-800 range? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wpLElC
No comments:
Post a Comment