Sunday, September 3, 2017

On Your 6 Designs OWB Holster


I just wanted to give a bit of an overview about a holster I just bought. I had seen mention of them on here, but not a lot of info, pictures or discussion.This is an OWB holster from OnYour6Designs.com and it came the closest to what I was looking for. (It appears they have had a brief presence on reddit as /u/Onyour6designs)I had recently purchased a Glock 29 as a more concealable alternative to my Glock 20. I had been looking for an OWB holster for a while, but had a hard time finding one close to what I wanted. Considering I liked what I saw on their website and I liked their return policy, I gave them a shot.I paid $51 for this holster. This was the out-the-door price which included $7 priority shipping along with a code for a discount and free kydex wallet. I ordered it August 20th and received it September 2nd. This was more or less in line with their quoted lead time, but this is including weekends and while sooner is always better, they met their commitment.My Pros:Ride Height: This carries high and is easily covered with a standard over-shirt I could move it a bit higher, but don't feel it would be as stable.Less extra material: Some holsters out there seem to have a lot of extra material on their pancakes. (More in cons)Snug to body: This carries very close to the body and has a snug fit but does not irritate my hipMy Cons:Cant: yes it's adjustable, but for me it's a choice between is 0 degree cant or too much. I normally carry around 4 o'clock with a forward cant, but I can carry this further forward comfortably to work around this.Closed Muzzle/Extra Material: I think this could still stand to lose up to an inch of material on the bottom as well as open the muzzle (however given the competitors, I wouldn't call this much of a con)Sweat Shield. It would be nice to have the option as this holster could easily be converted to IWB with a clip changeOther:Retention is good, with very positive click. If anything, it could stand to be loosened up a little, but I'm going to see how it wears in before I mess with it.Given how particular I am, this holster has been the best compromise I have found to date. Hopefully this helps some others in their selection process.Here's are a few photos of the holster with my Glock 29 and Volund Gearworks belt. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2xIhXcG

No comments:

Post a Comment