Sunday, September 3, 2017

Any ladies (or guys who know ladies) here carry a compact revolver? What works for you?


I'll start off by saying it's not my ideal carry piece. For concealment I'd much rather carry something lighter and flatter like the LCPII. However, I have a problem with limp wrist. I liked shooting the LCPII a lot (for the type of gun it is at least), but I kept having issues with misfeeding that I'm sure were my fault. I've had this issue with some other semiautos as well. I know it's something I could work on with practice, but for defense I don't want that to be a worry.So, I ended up with a Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum and really like this gun other than the natural bulkiness of a revolver.So far I've only bought one holster, but it's hard to test with how expensive they are (especially ones marketed toward women). I am still debating on returning the hip hugger holster from Can Can Concealment. It's just not comfortable and I'm not sure if it's because I need to size up or if it's just the thick, non-breathable elastic.I did also try a holster my dad had lying around just for experimenting. It's just a soft IWB holster and would work okay for SOB if it were oriented for the right hand (but it's made for hip/appendix). However, if I'm not wearing pants that the clip can grip well, drawing my gun takes the holster with it.I can't seem to carry in front without the grip jutting out and printing even with baggy tshirts. SOB seems to work best as far as IWB goes. Perhaps the holster makes a difference?I'm hoping some others here have more experience with what works. I don't want to drastically change how I dress, but I am willing to have more than one holster for different clothing/occasions. I'm not willing to carry off-body, though. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2evDUDd

No comments:

Post a Comment