Monday, July 3, 2017

Is going to the ground before an attacker reaches you a good way to 'protect' yourself? (Example in description)

example

The guy lets himself fall to the ground before the attacker could hit him (obviously both guys did not know what there were doing). Does this make a situation where the attacker can't smoothly punch the defender?

It would be more vunarable for kicking. Could this be prevented by reaching fast for the legs and pulling him down?

I'm just curious because I'm trained in Judo, where I'm more powerfull on the ground (big guy). Maybe fighting while standing makes me scare of hitting the ground after being hit in the face. So when I let myself 'fall', I won't hurt myself, which takes 1 scary aspect away.

Could letting yourself fall on the ground to prevent any punching be useful when an attacker confronts you? (I'm aware of the video context. But the thing made me think about a possible real life situation)



Submitted July 03, 2017 at 06:41AM by Glumored http://ift.tt/2ti6oHn

No comments:

Post a Comment